The Laboratory Department at St. Anthony Shawnee Hospital provides high quality and accessible diagnostic services to care for patients of all demographic categories and age groups (neonatal to geriatric).
The patients served include inpatients and outpatients from physicians, nursing units, emergency department, surgery, and other departments plus home health agencies and nursing homes.
Services are provided in a timely manner which is consistent with patient acuity. Patients are treated with respect and concern, and the needs of each patient are looked at individually.
The Laboratory Department offers more than 2000 tests to assist in diagnosis, treatment and management of disease and illness (at St. Anthony Shawnee Hospital, most lab tests are available the same day). A variety of tests offered by the lab include:
- Blood Transfusion Services
- Blood pH and Gases
- Cellular Hematology
- Chain of Custody Drug Screen Collection
- Clinical Chemistry
- Cytohematology Diagnostic
- Diagnostic Immunology
- Diagnostic Services Serology
- Histopathology-General Frozen Sections only
- Oncology Sera and Soluble Tumor Markers
- Therapeutic Substance Monitoring
- Urine Pregnancy Testing